What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced back-end developer who is passionate about building products that customers love and support us to be the global market leading software provider for companies that make things.
You will be a crucial part to enable MTEK to provide an End-to-End modular Factory Intelligence platform that allows our clients to continuously drive improvements by themselves.
In your senior developer role you will plan and implement overall stack architecture, including databases for large scale data handling and processing. Plan and manage deployment infrastructure ranging from cloud to on-prem solutions, setup automated testing to improve current back-end applications and processes. As well as developing ideas for new products and features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
You will be joining our current team, built from some of the most experienced in the industry. We employ people from all over the world, from all walks of life and from all backgrounds. We work together, feeding on our diversity to make us stronger, and we encourage each other to be the best we can be. Innovation drives us, and we challenge ourselves every day.
As a senior back-end developer, you will:
- Write back-end services.
- Design database architecture.
- Plan and implement overall stack architecture.
- Evaluate new solutions, libraries, and approaches.
- Set-up and handle CI/CD pipelines in GitLab.
- Plan and manage cloud infrastructure for applications.
- Participate in project set-ups and resource estimations.
- Compile and analyse data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
To manage this role you are an analytical, results-driven and have excellent communication skills. The role requires you to have the ability to work independently and take ownership of your own work as well as be a team player. You have a positive can-do attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced customer driven environment. We would like to see:
- Degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a back-end developer.
- Familiarity with front-end languages.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Fluent in English.
Location and Travel:
The role is based in Alfta, Sweden.